Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Progress on Amid the Darkness (Refuge Inc. Book Two)

Refuge Inc. Series
I'm making progress on the second book in the Refuge Inc. series but it has been a bit slow. I think the issue is my unwillingness to let go of Before the Darkness and move on. My decision to indie-publish Before the Darkness made my task of marketing the book almost a full-time job and it has taken away some precious time needed to continue writing book two.

BUT BOOK TWO IS IN THE MAKING AND WILL BE COMPLETED!

With the day job, three kids, and a husband who's away busting his butt most of the time, I still find a way to write the second book in a series I am absolutely proud of. Progress is slow, but steady.

Before the Darkness has been getting mixed reviews. One thing that stands out to some readers in book one is the readers' inability to connect with the characters fully. If I have to explain to readers why the characters are the way they are, then I didn't do a good enough job explaining it within the book. I NEED readers to look deeper. However, I'm currently writing book two to introduce more character development between the main characters, answer nearly all questions that book one left unanswered, and hopefully bring the readers to better understand the characters' reasons for doing the things they do, act the way they act and be the way they are.

For those  of you who enjoyed book one and are looking forward to book two, you guys keep my motivation high and I can't wait to share Amid the Darkness with you.

THE STORY IS NOT OVER! By all means, it's only just begun.

I intentionally set up book one to be more character driven, and as realistic as possible in regards to the irrational choices a couple of regular guys might make in the midst of a worldwide catastrophe. The characters relationship, struggles, background, fears and motives are the main focus in book one. In book two I aim to introduce more interesting characters, bring more twists and surprises to the table and take you further into the mysteries of Refuge Inc. The characters' relationship to one another AND others is the focus of book two.

There's a lot of surprising events I have in store for book two. So make sure you come back for the latest news on the Refuge Inc. series.

No comments:

Post a Comment